Wisdom Not Worry Meditation Links:
Dear Second Family,
Grace and peace to you in our Lord Jesus Christ who sits on the throne.
We have entered into unchartered waters as a country and as a congregation. In obedience to Governor Inslee’s recent mandate and deep concern for the health and wellbeing of our most vulnerable members and neighbors, the Council has determined that ALL SERVICES AND CHURCH SPONSORED MINISTRIES WILL BE SUSPENDED until further notice. This, of course, will require adjustments in how we are the Church. Please give careful attention to the following:
1. Family Church: We will encourage and equip you to have worship with your families and others, so long as your gatherings do not exceed 10 people. Pastor Ben will continue our study of Psalm 23, a most fitting Psalm for these uncertain times. The sermons will be posted on our webpage by Sunday morning. In addition, a family worship guide with questions, song suggestions, offering schedule and prayer requests will be provided to assist your families in worship. To access the latest sermon, go to our webpage at secondlyndencrc.com and click on the green LATEST SERMON tab. To access the Family Worship Guide click on the green BULLETIN tab. Furthermore, from Monday through Saturday, Pastor Ben will write and send a short devotional for your strength and encouragement. If you are on our prayer chain, you’ll get them with the subject line - Wisdom Not Worry. If you’d like to be on our prayer chain, email Pastor Ben. If these bless you, be encouraged to share them with others.
2. Family Care: We urge everyone to be mindful of the needs of those most vulnerable to the health and economic consequences of the spread of Covid-19. Jesus says, “This is my command: Love one another” (John 15:17).
- Do you know someone who should stay away from crowds? Offer to pick up groceries or prescriptions for them or let us know at email@example.com so that we can enlist the elders and deacons to care for those needs.
- Do you know of someone who needs meals? Contact Roberta Honcoop at 360-220-4681 so that we can activate our meal ministry.
- Do you know of someone in the congregation who has been laid off and in need of financial assistance? Be encouraged if able to help them through your own resources or by letting us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can meet their needs in Christ’s name.
- For many of our elderly confined to their homes, this is a very lonely time. Be encouraged to take out your directory and call them. If you have children home from school, consider having them make cards to send to their elderly brothers and sisters in Christ.
3. Offerings: We trust the Lord will meet all of our needs according to His riches in heaven (Philippians 4:19). May we encourage you to continue in faithful generosity by making your contributions to the Lord and His church in one of the following ways:
- Send a check to:
Be sure to write in the memo line where you are designating your offering - General Fund, Ministry and Missions, Building Fund, Benevolence. We anticipate increased benevolent needs in the coming days.
- If you would prefer to give electronically, please call or email the church for more information.
Dear Second Family, what an incredible opportunity this is to share the Love of Christ with one another and our neighbors and to display the confidence we have in the Goodness of our Shepherd. “May they see our good works and give glory to our Father in heaven” (Matt. 5:16). You are loved and cared for Second!
Grateful in Christ,
Pastor Ben and the Elders and Deacons of Second Church